The City Development Authority Prague (URM) is a budgetary organization. The City of Prague is the founder.
The organisation carries out the following activities in accordance with the founding charter:
- Preparation and processing of strategic, urban and spatial development documents of the City of Prague.
- Preparation and processing of the Strategic Plan for Prague, its maintenance, and monitoring fulfilment of the strategic plan.
- Preparation and processing of the Land Use Plan of the City of Prague and Development Principles of the City of Prague.
- Preparation and processing of Planning Analytical Materials of the City of Prague.
- Administration and maintenance of the city-wide land information system. Administration and provision of the set of geodata on the territory of the City of Prague, mainly of the Digital Map of Prague.
- Provision of specialist consultations in the area of spatial development and urban and strategic plann
- Support of cooperation between the public and private sectors in the area of fulfilling the planning goals of the city.
- Coordination of conceptual goals in the region.
- Representation of the City of Prague in planning permit proceedings.
- Presentation and promotion of the results of activities at municipal, national and international levels.
- Ensuring specialist participation of Prague in projects and activities of EU structures and professional presentation of the strategic planning of Prague at international, national and regional conferences and seminars.